Monday, April 6, 2015

Design Wall Monday 4/6/15

Yesterday I finished adding the border to my 16-Patch Stars quilt top. I even mitered the corners on the border, something I rarely bother to do. They all turned out pretty well. Instead of the usual badly-lit photo on my design wall, I decided to try for an outdoor shot. The problem with that idea is that right now in Georgia, every outdoor surface is covered with a layer of yellowish-green pollen dust. There was no way this quilt top with so much white background was going to be laid down anywhere outside. Special thanks to my lovely assistant for holding the quilt top.


16-Patch Stars
61" x 77"
Once I prepare a back for this and make a pillowcase and label to go with it, I will be submitting this to be quilted for Quilts of Valor.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up with Monday Making over at Love Laugh Quilt.


Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. We are entering "green season" here, too.

    Lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish! Love those 16-patch centers--very nice! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design! And your striped borders are perfectly mitered!! Great idea for the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your little friendship stars seem to swirl around the larger stars. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design for a Quilt of Valor. Good job on the borders, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the perfect quilt to go to "Quilts of Valor".

    Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stars and GOOD job on that mitered border. wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...