Sunday, August 18, 2024

Stash Report & Stitching Time 8/18/2024

The past week has been a busy one, with our quilt guild's birthday party a highlight of the week. We had a brunch potluck with lots of delicious food, door prizes and socializing, and it all finished off with a sale of fabrics that had been donated by a quilter who was getting rid of her stash. I was able to get two large pieces that will work well as quilt backs, plus several smaller pieces, for a total of 17 yards added to the stash.


The piece on the left measures 5 yards, and the one on the right is 8 yards.


These pieces of fabric mostly measure between 1/4 and 1/2 yard. I didn't realize that my choices fell into such specific color groups until I laid them out for photos.

Fortunately, I have some stash usage to report too. The same quilt guild is making simple tote bags for kids as a community service project to support the church where we hold our meetings. I pulled out a very old (1998?) piece of fabric that is a great print, but it isn't a fabric I want to use in a quilt, too rough and scratchy. It seemed like the perfect choice for bags, and I was able to make 8 of them, using 4.5 yards of fabric.


I also used 3/8 yard for the Hollow 9-Patch blocks I shared in yesterday's post as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. That usage was just enough to keep the fabric usage on the stash report barely more than the fabric added for the year.

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   4.875 yards
Used year to date:              60.375 yards
Added last week:                   17.0 yards
Added year to date:               60.0 yards
Net used in 2024:               .375 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Besides the projects I've already mentioned, there were also others that got worked on this week. I even managed to finish a quilt top and look forward to sharing it once I get it photographed.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024
8/11 - 8/17               7 of 7 days
2024 Total          227 of 230 days
Success rate                 98.7 %   


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up some yardage that's not going in a quilt. I was thinking yesterday that I have some yardage that's not really quilt appropriate, so I should be considering what Christmas gifts I could make with some of it. Great metrics as usual. Congrats on hanging on to being in the black for the stash report. You still have time to make more gains on the metric. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great charity project to keep you in the black!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...