Saturday, August 17, 2024

Scrappy Orange Saturday

It has been a very busy week, but I was still able to complete a set of blocks for one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, the Hollow 9-Patches. I've been using 2.5" squares to make these blocks, which will finish at 6" each.


I've been trying to avoid repeating any fabrics in these blocks, although occasionally a duplicate slips through. Some of the fabrics are fairly new, and others are very old. It's fun revisiting them and putting together different combinations of light and dark, bright and muted.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blocks! I keep seeing these hollow 9-patch blocks in various sizes, and just know that I'm going to have to make some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun array of ORANGE prints there are in your scrappy blocks, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hollow 9 patch is such a great way to feature the center fabric. Black and white prints are perfect. My eyes are drawn right to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to keep out the duplicates. You've got some beautiful oranges in those blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...