Saturday, August 24, 2024

An Abundance of Scrappy Orange Blocks

When I look at my fabric shelves, I wouldn't think that I had an abundance of orange fabrics. That shelf isn't nearly as full as some of my favorites like the teal/turquoise/aqua shelf. 



However, when I started pulling 
and cutting orange scraps, there always seemed to be more. I even ended up with several chunks of orange fabrics that went unused because I already had enough. Here are my orange "Terry" blocks, a total of 72 of them.


The "Terry" blocks are inspired by Terry Rowland's colorwash quilts, featured in her series of three YouTube videosThese scrappy little blocks will finish at 3". 

According to my calculations, I currently have almost 400 of these blocks made, and I'm shooting for around 500. That would make a quilt that measures 60" x 75". The number of blocks by color ranges from a high of 72 (orange) down to 37 (red.) I don't have any green blocks because I started making these in February of this year and missed the green month. I'm planning to go back and make more blocks in some colors during the last few months of the year, plus catch up on green.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Funny how much we have even when we don't think we do. Your Terry blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love! I watched Terry's videos after you mentioned them previously & it's an awesome project. Can't wait to see yours all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't great how working through a different color each month a quilt that could be daunting, such as one that requires 500 3" blocks is nearly done by August. Your going to have a great time laying this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great orange scraps, and such an exciting arrangement! This will be a spectacular quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great range of orange scraps! Love where this project is headed!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks! You have such a gorgeous range of orange in these blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...