Saturday, August 3, 2024

July into August with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Our new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month is orange, but before I could start pulling out my orange scraps, I needed to finish up my last sets of blocks in aqua/teal/turquoise from July. First I worked on the Laundry Basket Quilts Birthday Blocks. A new 6" block is posted every week, and these are blocks #27 - 31.


The next thing to finish from July was my set of Terry blocks. These blocks will finish at 3" each, and it takes more time to cut all the pieces for them than to stitch them. I ended up with 60 blocks in aqua, teal, and turquoise.


After completing those, I was able to make a start on my August blocks for the RSC Hen & Chicks sampler. We are making four different block designs each month in both 3" and 6" finished sizes, and I am limiting my fabric choices to batiks. I got all the pieces cut for this month's blocks and managed to get one pair stitched. Those little 3" blocks sure are challenging!


I will continue with the Hen & Chicks blocks this week, plus pull out more orange scraps for some of my other RSC projects.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. Your Terry blocks just glow! Great scraps! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Terry blocks in aqua--so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start making some of the Terry blocks. Yours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have some gorgeous RSC quilts by the end of the year. I really like those Terri blocks, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on your LBQ Birthday blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing how Edyta is going to finish the quilt. I think doing it in RSC colors will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh the gradation of teal in the RSC blocks is so beautiful! Loving the red/orange blocks too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...