Sunday, August 25, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 8/25/2024

It's amazing to me that we are starting the last week of August. The days slip by so quickly sometimes, and suddenly it's almost autumn. We've had some beautiful weather this past week, cooler and less humid than usual for August, which has made spending time outdoors much more enjoyable.

That nicer weather also made it possible for me to get some outdoor photos of my latest finished quilt top, the Lighthouse Inn Modern Mystery, designed by Modern Quilt Studio. You can read about my quilt and see several photos in my blog post HERE, but I'm going to repeat one shot because I'm so excited to have this quilt top together.

Lighthouse Inn quilt top
57.5" x 82"

This quilt made a good dent in my solids stash, using a total of 7.25 yards of fabric. The only fabric I had to buy for it was the navy background (and that was counted in a stash report back in June.)

I also used 1.375 yards of scraps to make a set of "Terry" blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see those in yesterday's post. The pile of scraps from trimming down the blocks was so pretty that I had to get a photo of them.



2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   8.625 yards
Used year to date:                 69.0 yards
Added last week:                    0.0 yards
Added year to date:               60.0 yards
Net used in 2024:                9.0 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Those Terry blocks were very time consuming and turned into the primary project for the week. I'm glad to have them done and be able to work on something else.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024
8/18 - 8/24               7 of 7 days
2024 Total          234 of 237 days
Success rate                 98.7 %   


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Your stash and stitching metrics are looking good. Hard to believe we are almost finished with third quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been admiring the mystery quilts being posted to the MQS FB group. I like your version with the blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...