Sunday, July 2, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 7/2/2023

It felt like I spent even more time than usual in the sewing room this week, so why do I have so little to report? I guess it is partly because some of my projects did not use any of my fabric, thus no change to the stash report (see the post on the Stars Galore quilt HERE.) It's also because much of my time was spent on doing some cleaning up and organizing. Again, no change to the stash report for that, but it will make my life much easier and more productive (although there's still plenty more to go through!)

As for the things that do count toward the stash report, my clean-up revealed a piece of blueberry print fabric left from making some napkins last summer. I don't know why I didn't just use up the whole piece at that time, but now we have two more napkins for the summer months and 1/2 yard from the stash was used.


I also finished putting together two placemats made from orphan blocks. The pattern for these blocks is called "Hawaiian Spinning Stars" from the book Travels with Peaky and Spike by Doreen Speckmann. The second photo shows the fabric used for the backs. The placemats still need to be quilted. 1/2 yard used from the stash (the fabric used in the center blocks was already counted earlier in the year.)




2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                         1.00 yards
Used year to date:                   55.25 yards
Added last week:                         0.0 yards
Added year to date:                49.625 yards
Net used in 2023                  5.625 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've been busy with the projects shown above, plus clean-up time. I also spent all day Saturday in a Zoom workshop, which means another new project. 

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
6/25 - 7/1             7 of 7 days
2023 Total      172 of 182 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Great finishes with your found fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been steadily working through those odds and ends. A sewing room clean up is so hard to take time for, but it does really pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, quick projects are a nice break. The cleaning is a necessary part of creating for most of us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...