Saturday, July 22, 2023

Scraps and Stars

I've been making progress on a couple of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. I started out by making two scrappy 16-Patch Stars blocks in red, our color of the month. I have lots of red scraps, so it was fun pulling fabrics for these blocks.




My other scrappy project that includes plenty of red was a set of four A Maze Zing blocks made from Christmas fabrics. The plan is to finish these off as placemats to be sold in our guild's Christmas market. Each block measures 13.25" x 19.25".



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing your progress on your RSC blocks. Those 16-patch stars are on my short list for RSC24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The A Maze Zing blocks make perfect placemats! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun collection of RED scraps, Julie! Kudos on working through some holiday scraps, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those red star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The RSC Star blocks look great but I'm really loving those Christmas placemats. Thank you for the quiltmaker info. I've got her pulled up on TQS and will watch it sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...