Sunday, July 9, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 7/9/2023

My stash report shows a sizable increase thanks to some recent additions. I've been working away on blocks for the Modern Quilt Studio 2023 Summer Camp Mystery, and I felt the need to add some more solids to my palette for that project. This first photo shows my blocks from the first two weeks of the mystery.


My inspiration for this project is the colors of the desert around Sedona, AZ. After making the blocks shown above, I felt the need to use more of the rust, terra cotta, dark gold, and brick red colors and to cut down on the blues and teals as well as the brighter pinks. I ordered two bundles of fat quarters, which gave me plenty of new choices.



Choosing colors online is tricky, and many of these will not make it into this quilt. However, there are plenty of options that fit in perfectly with my color scheme. Here are a few of the blocks I was able to make after those new fabrics were added to my palette. I'm much happier with the balance of colors in these blocks.


The new additions to the stash totaled 10.75 yards. Figuring out the amount of fabric used for all the different blocks will be a challenge, so I'm going to put it off for now.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                         0.00 yards
Used year to date:                   55.25 yards
Added last week:                     10.75 yards
Added year to date:                60.375 yards
Net added in 2023                5.625 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've become rather obsessed with these mystery blocks, and have spent much more than 15 minutes on them every day this week. 

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
7/2 - 7/8               7 of 7 days
2023 Total      179 of 189 days

The final reveal for this quilt comes on Friday, and I am very eager to see how it all comes together. It's still possible to join if you are interested in the Modern Quilt Studio 2023 Summer Camp Mystery.

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. You've nailed the color palette in those blocks. Looking forward to seeing how they all come together. You'll quickly be back in the black on the stash once you figure out how to account for all the fabric used in the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eager to see how it comes together too! The color scheme is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...