Sunday, April 25, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 17, 2021

My quilting time was somewhat limited last week, but I did manage to make the rest of the blocks for Alycia's latest Quilts of Valor mystery. Those blocks used two yards from my stash, and I hope to cut the setting triangles and get the quilt top put together this week. No pictures of my new blocks yet, but you can see my first batch of blocks in last week's post.

Sew Colorful Stars, 16" finished size

My other stash usage for the week was 3/8 yard for the light blue Sew Colorful Stars block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. No new fabric has been added to the stash, but I'm eager to visit a quilt shop again once I get past the two weeks wait post-vaccine.


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                            2.375 yards
Used year to date:                       92.375 yards
Added last week:                              0.0 yards
Added year to date:                         24.0 yards
Net used year to date              68.375 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. It has been more difficult to get in my quilting time this week as we have been getting out more during the day, but I'm still hanging on at 100% for the week and the year!



15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
4/18 - 4/24                7 of 7 days
2021 Total           114 of 114 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh. That quilt block is beyond stunning! I simply sat and stared at its beauty. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really awesome to still be at 100% at almost a quarter of the way through the year. As things open up, it is going to get harder to stay on track with the stitching time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...