Monday, April 5, 2021

Design Wall Monday 4/5/2021

One of my ongoing quilt projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year has been to make Kaleidoscope blocks using my collection of 30's fabrics. Our assigned color for April is light/bright blue. I had so many 30's fabrics in blues that I divided them into two groups and made 16 blocks with the lighter prints for this month.

Kaleidoscope blocks, 6" finished size

I will continue making these blocks in future months when I have the right color. According to my tracking list, I've made 86 blocks so far. I have 15 more blues cut, plus red, orange and lavender/purple blocks still to make. I may end up with nearly 150 blocks total.

Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA  

10 comments:

  1. Great way to make a dent in your 30s fabrics. I've noticed over the last few months that people are working with 30s fabs. Your blocks are looking good. Are you using a solid white for the background or?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kaleidoscope blocks, soft and sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's been a favorite block recently, I just finished a flimsy using the same block. So do you plan to use them all in the same quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you waiting for a background decision on the blocks without white corners?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These fabrics are gorgeous and such sweet blocks. Have a lovely week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a neat block. I like how you can change the orientation by putting the points on different edges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block! I like the difference made by just adding corners to half of the blocks. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great variety in these pretty blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...