Saturday, April 10, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 15, 2021

Our color assignment for April at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is light and bright blues. This week I decided to make my Scrap Magnet blocks. I started out by making two blocks that include light, medium and dark blue fabrics.


After that, I decided to try making a block with just lighter blues in it. I ended up making two, one of them very light and the other includes more medium/bright blues.


The block on the right might be a little too pale. I'm afraid it might blend into the background of the quilt too much. This is my favorite block of the group.


I decided to see how the blue blocks look together with the previous colors.


That lightest blue block might be okay as part of the collection. I would need to include another block or two that are equally pale so that one doesn't look too different than everything else. Or I might not use it in the quilt at all. To be determined at a later date.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love this. Do you have your squares pre-cut or are you cutting each color way as you go? Have to say, I love that light blue block. It shimmers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, I agree that the light blue block works - and looks good! All your blocks are amazing, and this is going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the light blue also- and this is a beautiful design you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks are making the neatest design! Love them in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely design, you have certainly been busy stitching up these blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a collection of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun quilt. The medium blue block is just right, but the other two turned out beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely additions to your RSC block collections, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautifully scrappy, I like the light block in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You tempt me every month with these amazing blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm joining the consensus -- gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this unique block! The colors work well together! I think the light blue looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...