Saturday, September 13, 2014

Orange Scrappiness

I have been making good progress with my orange scrappy projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. I finished all of my 6" LeMoyne Star blocks and have the pieces cut for a 12" block.



I might be ready to start joining these stars together into quilts soon. I haven't decided yet if I want to include brown and black/grey stars or just stick to the bright colors. It's time to put a batch of stars up on the design wall and see how they look together.

I also finished my first orange hexie snowflake this week and have started on my hexie star. The hexies have been getting lots of questions while I stitch on the train to work each morning.




Check out this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts--lots of amazingly beautiful rainbow projects to inspire you! I am also linking up to Hexie Weekend at A Quilting Reader's Garden, to the Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts, and to the Hexie Linky Party (HeLP) at Sarah Did It!.

Julie in GA

18 comments:

  1. Sewing on a trip is such a great conversation starter. Beautiful oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the different oranges make the stars look almost 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to you quilt top! Wouldn't it be neat if your stitching on the train would inspire even one to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I guess I thought all these months that your LeMoyne Stars were 12 inch. The smaller size makes them even more spectacular since there will be more of them in a quilt.

    Oh, and those snowflakes are awesome. I love the color of oranges you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing all your stars together! I think the quilt top will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all your blocks. The hexies especially. I am a hexie-fool
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the stars, and the hexagons are wonderfully color coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the orange stars. Your snow flack is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the orange stars. I've done it but now hesitate to make brown stars. I'm okay with black on white and white on black prints for stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange blocks are so pretty, love the hexies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hexagons look like autumn. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the idea of doing a snowflake with hexies. I have not seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your snowflake! I had my hexagons with me today at bowling and got lots of questions. Looking forward to seeing all those stars together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects that you are working on at the moment, Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're lucky to be able to do hexies on the train. Your orange hexies are spectacular...I just love seeing your monthly progress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...