Saturday, September 27, 2014

Orange hexies

I have had a great time playing with my orange scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. Orange was the perfect color as we head into fall, and I discovered more orange scraps in my collection than expected. 

I finished off my orange hexie snowflake and star (except for a few of the black-on-white background hexies.) I still need to make one more orange snowflake, but that probably won't get done before the end of September.




Check out this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts--lots of amazingly beautiful rainbow projects to inspire you!  I am also linking up to Hexie Weekend at Quilting Reader's Garden and to the Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts. 

Julie in GA

14 comments:

  1. Looking good, dear. Love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orange scraps worked beautifully in those blocks. That's going to be another gorgeous quilt when you get it all assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those white/black scraps as paths...nice hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely range of orange in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the orange addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the addition of the black and white dot hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a skill of placing those fabrics in your star and snowflakes! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are fabulous!! Orange is so happy plus a hexie! I want to see all your hexies together... hee hee love a hexie
    LeeAnna at not afraid of colof

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hexies! And it seems that both you and I were surprised this month by how much orange we have in our stash! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, aren't those pumpkins so cute in the middle...and those oranges on the other block are too. I like to play I Spy on those itty bitty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved working with my orange hexagons. I look forward to looking through my hexagons today and pulling out all of the brown, black and gray to work on this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from the Monday Morning Star Count. I love orange and I like the star and snowflake arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...