Saturday, September 20, 2014

Orange LeMoyne Stars

I finished up my 12" LeMoyne Star block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Here it is along with all of the orange 6" stars.


I have been playing with ideas for how to use all these stars in quilts. I tried my large blocks with this black and white check as a sashing possibility, but I'm not sure about that yet. I might also try to combine both the larger and smaller stars into one quilt.


I have started making a blue star to go with these and plan to make one in blacks and greys when we get to those colors.

Check out this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts--lots of amazingly beautiful rainbow projects to inspire you! 

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Those 12" Lemoyne Stars are spectacular. What a dramatic quilt that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stars! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the big stars sparkle, especially the orange one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stars. You will have lots of options with the two sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...those LeMoyne stars look so gorgeous together and so 3Dish! I really like that second option with the b/w check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful star blocks! They are going to make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The star blocks are beautiful. However you end up putting those stars together, it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...