Saturday, June 1, 2024

Pink Sampler Blocks

It took until the very last day of May, but I did manage to finish off my last two sets of pink blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Here are my blocks for Hen & Chicks, the RSC 2024 sampler quilt. I'm making these blocks from batiks.


My other set of RSC blocks for the week were the latest of the Birthday Blocks by Edyta Sitar at Laundry Basket Quilts. For these I am alternating using a white or black background on each block.


These blocks work well together since all of them (except the mini blocks) finish at the same size, 6". The little blocks are 3"


It may be a couple days before I have a chance to start digging through the blues and working on my blocks for June. I know there are always plenty of of blue scraps around here (and every other color too!)

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. You sewed some gorgeous pink blocks! I’m excited to see Hen and Chicks at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alternating the background is a great idea, and those blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of pinks! Can't wait to see the year end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pinks! I'm looking forward to seeing all your blue versions this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All pretty pink blocks! Great idea to alternate the background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...