Saturday, June 29, 2024

Scrappy Blue Sampler Blocks

I have nearly caught up with all of the blue blocks for my various Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, making two different sets of sampler blocks this week. Up first are the blocks for the RSC 2024 Hen and Chicks sampler. The blocks will finish at 3" and 6", and I am making mine from batiks.


My other set of RSC blocks for the week were the latest of the Birthday Blocks by Edyta Sitar at Laundry Basket Quilts. For these I am alternating using a white or black background on each block. These blocks will finish at 6".


Since they were all sitting on the cutting table at the same time, I got some photos of both sets of blocks together.


The blue blocks for one of my other RSC projects, the Terry blocks, are not done yet, but there is still a chance that I can finish them before the month is over. I'm looking forward to finding out what our new color is for July (my guess is orange.)

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. Pretty blue blocks, Julie! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great start on two more RSC quilts. Fingers crossed you can finish the last set of blocks this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty sampler blocks. They look great together. Isn't that the magical thing about sampler quilts? Everything seems to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great idea to make sampler blocks for the RSC. These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look terrific and a clever idea for RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blue blocks. Not orange -- aqua! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guessed orange, too. We were both wrong. Nice job on all those BLUE blocks! Here's hoping you managed to get the Terry block done, as well. If not, they are easy enough to work as leader/enders for your AQUA sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely blue blocks for RSC...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...