Sunday, June 16, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 6/16/2024

It's amazing to me how quickly the days slip by at times. I'm having a hard time believing that we are approaching the end of June, nearly halfway through 2024. I've been quilting away nearly every day, but haven't done very well at sharing my projects. Part of my problem is that I'd rather keep on cutting and sewing than take photos and write a blog post, but tracking and sharing my quilts is the main reason I have this blog in the first place. It's time to get on top of things and document some of my recent projects. 


Here's one recently finished small project, a fidget quilt that was made as part of a guild sewing day. Fidget quilts are small quilts with many different textures and/or parts that can be opened and closed or changed. They are made for Alzheimer's patients and others who need a way to keep their hands occupied. Mine includes a zipper and a buckle that can both be opened and closed, plus some ribbons woven together, elastic bands attached to a metal ring, and other textual items. The finished size is 18" square.


The back of this fidget quilt is a fleece with shadowy trees and mountains. It seemed like the softness of the fleece would be soothing. I used a total of 5/8 yard of fabric for this little quilt.

Two pieces of solids were added to the stash this week, both intended for a current project. I'm participating in the Lighthouse Inn Mystery designed by Modern Quilt Studio, and I needed yardage for my quilt's background (the navy.) The lavender piece will be added to the palette for my version of the mystery quilt. 4.5 yards total added to the stash.



2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                    .625 yards
Used year to date:               37.75 yards
Added last week:                   4.50 yards
Added year to date:               32.0 yards
Net used in 2024:              5.75 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I'm juggling too many projects right now, but having fun anyway. There has definitely been more than 15 minutes of quilting time every day this week!

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
6/9 - 6/15                 7 of 7 days
2024 Total          164 of 167 days
Success rate                 98.2 %   


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. The fidget quilt is pretty cool. Your metrics are still on target, even with the stash addition. Hope this week has been good on the stitching front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the navy and lavender together. Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...