Monday, August 8, 2022

Orange Triangles

My piecing projects have been sadly neglected this month because I have been focused on spending more time free-motion quilting and finishing quilts. Over the weekend I felt the need to pull out some mindless piecing for when I need a break from the FMQ action.

I discovered a baggie of leftover orange half-square triangles, some of them already pieced and many others cut out. Here's the whole collection after being stitched and pressed. All of the HSTs are stacked up in matching sets of four.


The next question was what to do with all of those triangles. I found this block that had been made as a sample for a Rainbow Scrap Project almost two years ago. The finished size of this block is 20", and the triangles are the same size as the new ones I made.


I'm thinking about using that big block as the center of a medallion style quilt and making other types of blocks with the remaining triangles to surround it. So far I've thought of making Friendship Stars and Pinwheels, but I'm sure there are plenty of other options too.


Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

6 comments:

  1. Whoa! Love that large, bold center block you came up with, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange you glad you found those triangles and had a burst of inspiration? Just juicy! (Stop me before I pun again....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative idea! I like where the scraps took you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous collection of oranges. Your blocks are so vibrant and happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely center medallion. I’d like a couple of rows of hsts as borders and let the center shine. I will love anything you do with hsts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...