Saturday, August 20, 2022

Orange Medallion Quilt Top & Other Projects

The orange scraps have been flying in my sewing room this week! First up was finishing the Orange HST's Medallion quilt top.

41.25" x 54.25"

There are some favorite orange fabrics that seem to appear in every scrappy project I make. This citrus print is very old (late 1990's?), and I still love using it!


You can't go wrong with polka dots!


There are several pinwheel blocks left over, which will probably end up being used in the quilt backing.

After that was done, I pulled out my 2.5" squares and triangles to make an orange Scrappy Heart block (12" finished size.)


The other rainbow project for the week was to catch up on my applique hearts blocks, finishing up the last of the purple hearts for July. I already have enough orange blocks that were stitched last year. (Why is purple such a hard color to photograph?!)


Here you can get an idea of the different scale of the two types of hearts.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

7 comments:

  1. Your orange medallion quilt is wonderful, Julie! Such fun color. I love the scrappy heart and the appliqued hearts, too. I also have trouble photographing purple, and am always trying to figure out why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that orange medallion quilt is to die for!! You always make the cutest things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shy away from making too many medallion quilts because I never know what to add for the rounds. It looks like you have no problem figuring that out. It's so cohesive moving from the inside out- the center is spinning as are the rest of the blocks. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple and orange hearted, both lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orange hst medallion quilt is awesome. Also love seeing the applique hearts surrounding the patchwork big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have thought an orange and white Medallion quilt would be cool, but yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish in orange. I love how you put the blocks together. I also enjoy seeing all your other blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...