Sunday, January 16, 2022

SAHRR--The Reboot

Last year, Gail and friends joined together for the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) and had such a good time that they are doing it again and inviting all of us to join the fun. There is more information on the SAHRR 2022 available at Gail's webpage HERE

The first step of the SAHRR is for everyone to share their choice of a center block. Each week, one of the cohosts will let us know what kind of border to add. There will be six rounds of borders, and we can add all of them or as many as we choose. At the end, each participant should have an original medallion style quilt!

I took part in last year's event, but got bogged down halfway through and didn't finish. I lasted through four rounds of borders, but I wasn't happy with the way my last border was looking, so I quit there. This is how far I got last year.


At this point, my quilt center measures 38" square. For the 2022 SAHRR, I'm going to try again with the same center. I am definitely going to remove the three plain outer borders, but might leave the flying geese and piano keys borders. I'm also thinking about changing those green plus sign corners of the piano keys border. Here's the plan for my revised center (although I might remove all the borders and get it back down to the feathered star block.)


You can see the center blocks that others have chosen for their round robin quilts at Quilting Gail. I'm looking forward to finding out what our next step will be!


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. I’m looking forward to your SAHRR “sequel,” Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat "Quilt Along". It's sort of tempting to join.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are joining in again this year. Whatever you choose to do, I think you'll make some good progress this year. I love that feathered star center, as well as the borders you added last year - your revised version looks good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie! Here's hoping the SAHRR 2.0 will work better for your beautiful Feathered Star block. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to finish up what didn't get done last year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...