It hasn't been my most productive week, but I did finish up one set of blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, where we are working with our orange scraps this month.
These are the Kaleidoscope blocks that I have been making all year from my 1930's reproduction fabrics. I ended up with 17 orange blocks, plus I had two brown fabrics and went ahead and made those blocks too.
This is my last color group for this project. If my math is correct, I have a total of 190 blocks made. If I could scrounge up 5 more fabrics, I could set the blocks 13 x 15 and end up with a quilt that measures 78" x 90" before borders. The finished size each block is 6". I need to decide if I want a quilt that big or not. The other option would be to make two smaller throw quilts. Here are all of my many blocks stacked together on my cutting table.
My next step will be to get some of the blocks up on the design wall together and figure out how big I want to go with this quilt. It will be great fun to see it all come together!
Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.
Julie in GA