Sunday, September 5, 2021

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 36, 2021

It was a fairly busy week in my sewing room, with a wide variety of projects in the works. I pieced a back for the Volcano 9Patch quilt, just one long seam, but trying to match the print. I also finished my set of 40 teal and turquoise bowtie blocks for August, plus 8 hand appliqued hearts. You can see the bowties and the hearts in yesterday's post. The stash usage for all these projects was 2.25 yards for the quilt back, 1.375 yards for the bowties, and .375 for the hearts, which adds up to a total of 4 yards used for the week. No new fabric was added to the stash (although I've been checking out some of those Labor Day sales!)


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                              4.0 yards
Used year to date:                     143.75 yards
Added last week:                            0.0 yards
Added year to date:                   101.50 yards
Net used year to date              42.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I had one day last week with no quilting time, although I did spend plenty of time at the sewing machine that day making myself a new pair of pajama pants featuring my favorite team--go Brewers!


I didn't include the fabric used for these pants in the stash report because I didn't count it as an addition to the stash when it was purchased. However there are scraps left which may appear in future scrappy quilts.


15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
8/29 - 9/4                 6 of 7 days
2021 Total          244 of 247 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Fun PJs. I too am at the stage where I have things ready to finish, but they are not quite there. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun pjs. You did well with both sewing metrics this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...