Today is the last Tuesday in September, which means it is time once again for the To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update and Link-up hosted by Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn By Us.
To-do list for 9/22 - 9/28
1. Orphan Adoptions--choose winners, pack up and mail away ✔ done
One orphan has been delivered, and the other two should arrive today.
2. Clean and oil sewing machine not done
I didn't do this, but I did clean all the threads out of my chair wheels.
3. "Practice What I Preach"--finish quilting progress
I finished the quilting in the inner border, started the outer border, then decided I didn't like it and pulled the stitching out.
4. Spell It With Fabric--sashing/setting, choose border & backing ✔ done
I cut the sashing and cornerstone pieces, narrowed down the border choices to two, and found a backing fabric that will work. Here are my border options. The butterfly fabric is my first choice, but I'm not sure there is enough.
5. Cleaning sewing room--anything would be an improvement! ✔ done
This took up a big chunk of my time last week. I cleared away all the piles from one end of my cutting table. The other end is still a mess, but this is huge progress. You can see a couple of photos in yesterday's post.
To-do list for 9/29 - 10/5
1. Glorious Hexagons--finish joining blocks together. This is a project from several years ago that has the blocks all made and partially joined. This photo shows about half of the blocks with the background fabric added.
2. Square Dance blocks--begin making yellow blocks
3. "Practice What I Preach"--figure out quilting design for border
4. Cleaning--finish clearing cutting table
That should be more than enough to keep me busy for the next week. I'll report on my progress and post a new set of goals next Tuesday. I'm linking up with other To-Do Tuesday lists at Home Sewn by Us .
Julie in GA