Thursday, September 17, 2020

Orphan Adoption #3--Fall 2020

This is my third offering for the Fall 2020 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event  hosted by Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework. You can see Orphan #1, the Floral Log Cabin HERE, and Orphan #2, Jacob's Ladder is HERE.

The Orphan Adoption event is held twice a year to help quilters clear out some of the old projects that we will never finish. It's the perfect opportunity to pass along your orphan blocks/projects to someone else who will love and finish them! It's also a great time to acquire a new project or two for yourself.


My last orphan available for adoption is the leftovers from making the Uneven 9-Patch quilt shown above. This pattern is also known as Puss in the Corner. I made the quilt as a sample for a beginning quilting class that I used to teach.


Here are two blocks plus strips sets to make more that are all the same as shown in my sample quilt.

The rest of my scraps/leftovers have the same fabrics, but they aren't all used in the same places in the blocks. These were my first attempt, and I decided to change things around to make the blocks as shown above.

Four complete blocks plus parts for at least six more

One block plus parts for four more and extra pieces

Extra fabrics

I'm including extra of two of the original fabrics (the light and the floral) plus very good substitutes for the pink and the dark green. If you zoom in, you can see that a chunk of each of those original fabrics is sitting on top of the new option--I'd say they are excellent replacements. There's 1/4 yard of the light, 9" x 32" of the floral, 6" x 8" of the original pink and 9" x 38" of the sub, plus 10.5" x 20" of the new green. Those should be enough to get a reasonable number of blocks for a small quilt.

That's my third "orphan" available for adoption--Uneven 9-Patch blocks plus pieces, strip sets and extra fabric. I will ship to the winner anywhere in the U.S. only. One warning--there may be a delay in getting these in the mail. Don't count on receiving your "orphan" immediately. 

Leave a comment to let me know if you would like to adopt this orphan project. Shipping in the U.S. only. Please be sure to include your email address so I can contact the winner. I will choose a random winner next Tuesday, September 22Get your comment in by noon that day. Be sure to check out the rest of the quilty orphans over at Quilting is more fun than Housework. 

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie, I would love to adopt your number 3 (Puss in the Corner) UFO. There is no promise to finish it as started! Am in Houston, TX and it is no problem that the box may be delayed in shipping. The resulting quilt will get donated in my community. Thanks for offering this beauty, Liz in Houston compusword at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add me to the list of folks who would like to adopt these blocks and bits and bobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh yes!! would LOVE to adopt these blocks & pieces.. and promise to make them into something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty combination of fabrics. I will mix them up and make something new. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color choices are so warm! I'd love to create a quilt with these leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’d love to adopt this orphan project. The blocks and pieces would become placemats to be sold during my group’s fundraiser for the Fiber Arts Center in my AZ village. Hopefully it will become a reality next year. It’s been a long time coming. kthurn@bektel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The smaller size of this project would make it perfect for donation to one of our local nursing homes. Thank you for offering it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...