Thursday, September 17, 2020

Orphan Adoption #2--Fall 2020

This is my second offering for the Fall 2020 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event  hosted by Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework. You can see Orphan #1, the Floral Log Cabin HERE, and Orphan #3, Uneven 9-Patch is HERE.

The Orphan Adoption event is held twice a year to help quilters clear out some of the old projects that we will never finish. It's the perfect opportunity to pass along your orphan blocks/projects to someone else who will love and finish them! It's also a great time to acquire a new project or two for yourself.

Four Jacob's Ladder blocks

My second orphan available for adoption is the beginnings of a Jacob's Ladder quilt. I made four blocks, plus started making the parts for at least 20 more blocks. The are half-square triangles and four-patches all stitched and needing to be pressed, plus strip sets for more four-patch units. The finished size of the blocks is 9".


I thought I had more of the floral print that could be included, but it is hiding from me at the moment. If I locate it, I will add that to the package.

That's my second "orphan" available for adoption--four Jacob's Ladder blocks plus the parts to make at least 20 more blocks. 
I will ship to the winner anywhere in the U.S. only. One warning--there may be a delay in getting these in the mail. Don't count on receiving your "orphan" immediately. 

Leave a comment to let me know if you would like to adopt this orphan project. Shipping in the U.S. only. Please be sure to include your email address so I can contact the winner. I will choose a random winner next Tuesday, September 22Get your comment in by noon that day. Be sure to check out the rest of the quilty orphans over at Quilting is more fun than Housework. 

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to finish this and give it a new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun quilt to finish I have never made a Jacob's ladder quilt. I make donation quilts with a group of ladies (there's 3) and 1 gentleman to donate to local charities in Western North Carolina. Thanks.

    Charlotte Henson (chenson515@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating again this year. I love that so many people are willing to finish these unwanted projects. And they usually make them for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d love to adopt these pieces to finish for a fundraiser for my quilt group’s Fiber Arts Center building fundraiser. Our group sews quilts and donates them to charities but with a larger space dedicated just to sewing and knitting we’ll be able to make even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kthurn@bektel.com
      I forgot to leave my email just in case.

      Delete
  5. I would love to adopt this quilt start for the same reason that I posted on your orphan #1. JayneJacobson@comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our quilt ministry group is always looking for projects that we can finish and donate. Thanks for offering this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...