Monday, February 12, 2024

SAHRR Round 3--Triangles

My progress on the 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin project stalled out a bit last week. Our assignment from Emily The Darling Dogwood for the third round was triangles, and I didn't finish making mine until last night. I like the way they look surrounding my main block.


The triangles have been sewn into groups of 8, but none are joined to the block yet.

Various options are still being considered for my signature blocks. Here are a couple of possibilities with a 12" star block



I'm still trying to decide how to use them effectively. The assignment for Round #4 is Square in a Square or on point blocks. Hmm--I hadn't thought about putting anything on point before. That might be an interesting variation.

I missed last week's link-up, but I will add this post to Brenda's link-up for this week at Songbird Designs.  The entire 2024 SAHRR schedule is below.

January 15: Center block: Gail @ Quilting Gail
January 22: 1st Round:   Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
January 29: 2nd Round:   Anja @ Anja Quilts
February 5: 3rd Round:  Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
February 12: 4th Round:  Brenda @ Songbird Designs
February 19: 5th Round: Gail @ Quilting Gail
February 26: 6th Round: Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing
March 18:   Parade: showing all of your finished SAHRRs!
 
There are only a couple more rounds left to go on this project. I'm still muddling my way along, making units for each week's assignment, but not making many decisions on how they will be used. Stay tuned!

I'm also linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and at Monday Musings at Songbird Designs. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. I like the Christmas theme for your project, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both minis are going to work our nicely. It is hard to keep up. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this week's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Julie. Looking forward to see what your final decisions will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I love your Jack's Chain every time I open your blog. It is a quilt I started and tanked as my 9 patches were not accurate at all. ( I had borrowed my mother's machine on a trip to visit her.) And I know I had a couple hundred blocks done. It is still on my bucket list and I even have the templates for the hexagon and triangles. Anyway, love your Christmas colors and arrangements of parts together for blocks. A super nice assortment of colors and patterns for the reds and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the variety of reds and greens you have. Have fun deciding how everything goes together. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many options, and they all look good. Will be fun to see how this comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many neat options for your SAHRR, Julie! I really love the last one! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all these options. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...