Saturday, August 26, 2023

Sunny Yellows

How did August disappear so quickly?! It's hard to believe that we are already at the last yellow Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I've been scrambling to finish up the rest of my RSC projects for the month.


The first set of blocks to be done were my A Maze Zing blocks, based on the pattern by Candace Hassen. My blocks will finish at 13.25" x 19.25", and I am still undecided if they will become a quilt or get made into individual placemats.


After completing the A Maze Zing blocks, I had a pile of 2" yellow and gold scraps and strips on my cutting table. Before I put them away, I used several of them to make this strippy placemat for the August edition of the ABC Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter.


Most of the placemats I make will get donated to Meals on Wheels through either of the two guilds I belong to. I had a few more strippy versions from past months, which made a pretty display 
together on the design wall.


My other scrappy yellow project for the week started with some leftover blocks from a very old quilt top, Tribble Trouble, pieced way back in 1998! (See that quilt and read more HERE.) I joined the extra blocks together, along with some dark blue sashing/border strips, to make this 19" x 42" tablerunner. Blue and yellow have always been a favorite color combination for me.

I have one more set of yellow blocks to finish before the end of the month, but they will have to wait until next week.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. I'm also linking up to the ABC Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. You've done well using up a few yellow scraps. Love that blue and yellow table runner, that's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reall like the runner made from the Tirbble Trouble leftovers. Striking color combo and interesting design. It is hard to believe it's almost Sept.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tribble Trouble is such a fascinating, fun block. Great way to use strips. Yours is so effective with the dark, rich blues and sunflower gold yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the yellow strippy placemat! And the blue and yellow runner! Awesome! Good for you finishing up those leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colorful placemats. They are sure to make someone smile! I love the blue and yellow color combo as well. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the brightly colored strips. They look pretty and I bet they went together very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great placemat for the August ABC Scraps Challenge, Julie! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh those maze blocks... the are A-Maze!ing!! haha!! love them - and your blue and yellow table runner is so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so fun to make placemats for meals on wheels. Great service, Julie! ~~ Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie, those placemats, blocks and runner are really great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...