Sunday, August 6, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 8/6/2023

There's good news and bad news from my sewing room this week. The good news is that I have been busy joining together all those many blocks for the Modern Quilt Studio 2023 Summer Camp Mystery, and I now have a finished quilt top! The bad news is that the designers of the mystery quilt (Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr of Modern Quilt Studio) have asked us to refrain from posting photos of our quilts/tops until the official reveal date of September 1st. I'm going to give a little sneak peek in the meantime. It doesn't really look much different than earlier posts sharing some of the blocks on the background fabric.


Because this quilt top is finished, I'm finally going to include it in my stash report. I used a total of 7 yards in this top, and there was no new fabric added this week. I'm back in the black!


2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                          7.0 yards
Used year to date:                   67.50 yards
Added last week:                         0.0 yards
Added year to date:                62.375 yards
Net added in 2023                5.125 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I spent the early part of the week assembling the mystery quilt, then switched over to some projects for the guild's Christmas fair.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
7/30 - 8/5             7 of 7 days
2023 Total      207 of 217 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, I can't wait to see the whole top - the blocks are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to tune in to the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for being back in the black on the stash report! Looking forward to seeing what you choose as your new primary project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the return to positive numbers! A member of my quit group has been doing those quilts and they are amazing when finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...