Saturday, August 19, 2023

Yellow Scraps and Stars

August is quickly slipping away, and it's time to get back to my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. This week I finally pulled out some 3.5" yellow squares and made two 16-Patch Star blocks, the easiest of my current RSC projects.



It seemed like a good time to check out all of the colors together. I have a total of 16 blocks made for this quilt, but there was only room for nine blocks on the smaller design wall. The blocks finish at 12" square, and my plan is to make 20 of them for a quilt that measures 48" x 60". I've been wondering what colors we have left to add? Definitely teal/turquoise, but it seems like there should be one more besides neutrals. I'll just have to wait and see.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. I love these star blocks in every color! They're going to make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific blocks! Can't go wrong with stars of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great block. I particularly like how the orientation allows the stars to be randomly space around the quilt vs. in a grid pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun block! They do make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blocks. Those stars just dance across the nine blocks you laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some beautiful colours in those yellow blocks! Look forward to seeing the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't noticed how the orientation changed the star location. . .what a brilliant block! I agree with Susie H. . .those stars dance! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this pattern and the cheerful fabric scraps you've included, Julie!! Your YELLOW blocks look SEW lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...