Saturday, October 22, 2022

Scrappy Hearts Quilt Top

The last two blocks for my Scrappy Hearts quilt were finished this week. I made one block using light/lime greens (our assigned color for October at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.) I only needed one more block after that, so I went ahead and made one in browns.



I couldn't wait to join the blocks together, adding sashing and a border of the background fabric. Here is my completed Scrappy Hearts quilt top!


Scrappy Hearts, 45" x 52.5"

My quilt was inspired by the Scrappy Hearts pattern by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love, with a couple of significant changes. Emily's design uses 3.5" squares to make 18" blocks, while I used 2.5" squares for 12" blocks. I also added vertical sashing between the columns of hearts to make the quilt wider. 


This is my first finished RSC quilt top for the year. I'm trying to get going on the Charm Basket blocks again, after not making any blocks during the past couple of months. It's time to get caught up on those.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Happy quilting! 

Julie in GA


13 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!!! Great job getting a RSC quilt put together already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hearts are beautiful, and I love the backing fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I 'm so excited to see Scrappy Hearts done. Love the added sashing and the staggered setting. Giving me inspiration! I really do love the Tula Pink fabric background. I should have bought several yards when I first saw it. I procrastinated too long. Now it is hard to find. "sad face"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a good heart block (and basket block and star block). Your hearts look like little jewels. I made some hearts like that several years ago but with 1.5 inch squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely & love the background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first completed RSC quilt top of the year, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heart blocks are on my 2023 RSC project list. I was going to use crumbs but I sure like the look of these squares. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heart this. It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...