Monday, October 3, 2022

Improv Monday

I have a brand new project up on the design wall, and it is totally out of my comfort zone. I took part in a Zoom class on Saturday with Cindy Grisdela called Artful Improv. That is also the name of Cindy's first book. We tried out several different techniques for improv piecing, and this is what I had on the wall at the end of the day.


I have no plan for where I'm going with these blocks, and that's part of the fun with this kind of project. There are solid fabrics all over the sewing room and I plan to make some more blocks to go along with these. I will move blocks around, maybe even cut some of them up and add other pieces. There's no telling what they will turn into! It's all a big mystery, which is both exciting and rather uncomfortable for me.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

2 comments:

  1. Very fun and very bright! Looking forward to following along as you play with the colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for stretching your boundaries!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...