Saturday, October 29, 2022

Scrappy Charm Baskets

My attempts to get caught up on my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge shifted to the Charm Baskets blocks this week. According to my photo files, the last time I made any of these blocks was back in July, so I was behind by three months. I started with the orange scraps, our color from August, and made 20 blocks.


After that I pulled out the light and bright green scraps, making 18 blocks to go along with the darker green blocks from May.


Before all the new blocks got stashed away with the rest from earlier months, I combined the orange and green blocks together on the design wall


I've been working on more basket blocks in September's light and bright blues and hope to have them finished before next Saturday. That will bring my total number of blocks up to over 200. (Keep in mind that they finish at only 4".) I'm still debating whether to add any brown, grey or black blocks.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Happy quilting! 

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Very fun baskets. That was a lot of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty little baskets! And wow, 200 of them! This will be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of baskets you got caught up. They look beautiful with those colors together. Your basket handles are PERFECT! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of very cute baskets! Maybe you could use one of the neutral colors as a sashing? That would make them pop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange and green baskets are fun together! Great job catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular catch up efforts and the baskets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 200 little baskets, how pretty they will be in all those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baskets are so darling, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...