Sunday, September 18, 2022

Stash Report & Stitching Time 9/18/2022

There are all sorts of changes to tally up in the stash report this week. This may be the biggest total numbers for both additions and usage/outgoing in the same week that I've ever recorded. Here's the list:

Snail's Trail--border & binding  .375 yards used
Square Dance baby quilt--back and binding  1.875 yards used
Spinning Boxes quilt--border  .75 yards used
Donated to guild auction  12.25 yards out
Won at guild auction  4 yards added
Connecting Threads order  15 yards added

One of the guilds that I've joined this year does an annual auction as a fundraiser (although I would probably call it a raffle, because you don't actually bid on items.) Members donate quilting/sewing related items which are laid out on long tables with brown paper bags taped to the tables next to each item. We buy tickets and place them in the bags for the items we wish to win. Here are some of the items I donated.


"Holiday Homies" by Tula Pink--these were all fabrics I had won in a couple of different giveaways several years ago. There's a jelly roll, a layer cake and one piece of yardage. They didn't feel like anything I was likely to ever use.


16 pink and brown fat quarters, cut from my stash. These are fabrics I do like and intend to use again, but I had a big stack of them and it felt good to share them with someone else.

There were plenty of fabric bundles that I tried to win, but only a few came home with me. I did get these three Santa/Christmas panels.


This grouping contained 80 four-patch blocks, which I sorted into matching piles, plus 17 extra jelly roll strips.


Here's the one that left me wondering "Why did I try to win this item?" It's a shoebox-sized bin, plus another container, of triangle cut-offs. They are all neatly matched up in pairs, print and background. There must be hundreds, maybe thousands of them!


I also won a Quiltworx pattern and a couple of books. The prize I was most excited about is this saddle-style chair. I'm hoping it will work for me at my new machine.


To top off all the additions to the stash, my order from the Labor Day sale at Connecting Threads arrived. There are two wide backings at the top, 4 yards of solid white, plus a favorite turquoise print.


2022 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:            15.25 yards
Used year to date:     109.125 yards
Added last week:            19.0 yards
Added year to date:     105.25 yards
Net used in 2022       3.875 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. Kate hasn't been able to blog lately because of computer issues, but I'm going to continue posting my numbers here. I didn't do much free-motion quilting this week, but I did finish one quilt plus two quilt tops!

15 Minute Challenge for 2022: 
9/11 - 9/17           7 of 7 days
2022 Total      255 of 260 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. I love all your projects. I'll be interested in how the chair works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a haul. I'll be interested in hearing about the chair as well. I need a new one, but haven't been out to shop for one.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've won a whole lot there;))) I do really like the pink/brown fabrics--they are beautiful...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, great winnings! Our guild calls this event Raffle Mania. I donate a lot and I've won a fair amount over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...