Monday, September 5, 2022

One Monthly Goal--September 2022

Figuring out my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for September was easier this month than usual. A niece is expecting a little girl, due in October, and for months I have been planning to make a baby quilt, but kept putting it off. The time has come for the procrastination to end!

Instead of piecing a new quilt, I went through my closet of quilt tops and pulled out a favorite rainbow top. Actually, there were two tops, which could have been joined together into one larger quilt.


These tops were made in 2020 as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The pattern is called Square Dance, but in reality, it's just a Double 4-Patch. I made blocks all through the year, then joined them into the two tops in December. Each top measures 40" x 60".

40" x 60"

Here is the half that will become the baby quilt. I decided that 60" was too long and took three rows of blocks off the quilt. It now measures 40" x 48". The photo above shows it before the rows were removed, and the next photo is after.

40" x 48"


I have enough of my favorite wild print flannel, shown above, for the backing, and everything is ready to be layered. My biggest challenge right now is deciding on the quilting design, especially what color thread to use. Quilting would go much faster if I did the whole thing with one thread, but I can't figure out what color would work best. Maybe a light or medium grey? Of course, I could pull out my rainbow set of threads and use the whole collection!


The official goal for September is to end up with a finished baby quilt, quilted and bound! I'm linking up with the One Monthly Goal party at Elm Street Quilts. Also linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Oh Julie that is a gorgeous quilt and great for a baby with all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect choice for a baby quilt--all those great colors. Lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Isn't it amazing how all of those colors come together to make such perfectly gorgeous rainbows! Your adaptation for size was quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous riot of color!!! It will make an awesome quilt for the baby. So much stimulation for bright baby eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!! That extra row and be quilted and boundfor a nice little runner too! That's gonna be one lucky little one to get that sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...