Thursday, September 15, 2022

Spinning Boxes Quilt Top

Another rainbow quilt project has seen some progress this week. This is my Spinning Boxes quilt top!

Spinning Boxes, 53" x 69"

The blocks for this quilt were made as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2018. There is a tutorial for making the blocks in this post. Each block finishes at 10".


After all the blocks were made, I joined them into three panels along with the sashing. At that point I was considering quilting each panel separately, then joining them together.


Now that I have a bigger machine for quilting, I'm more confident about being able to finish a quilt this size. This week I joined the three panels of the quilt together and then added the outer border. You can get a better look at the sashing and border fabric in this photo.


This quilt top will join the sizable collection of rainbow quilt tops waiting to be quilted. I hope to keep working my way through more of them this year.


Linking up with:
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

12 comments:

  1. Both Square Dance Baby and Spinning Boxes are bright cheerful quilt. I'm glad you are finally get them done. I have so many RSC projects to get to the finish line but I keep seeing so many new inspirations I get distracted.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect sashing/border fabric. I don't remember seeing this one before. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your quilt turned out. Thanks so much for sharing the page where you explained how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is a stunner, Julie!!! Scrappy and happy and oh so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a really productive (and beautifully full of color) week. Setting the blocks on point gives them nice movement. I hope you have fun as you quilt and finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! Look at you go - this one is fantastic too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pattern, Julie, to use up some scraps. I love how it turns out too. Wonderful! Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Spinning Boxes quilt is absolutely wonderful. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Your sashing fabric is perfect. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your border/sashing fabric is absolutely perfect for that quilt! So much more effective than a solid would have been. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this post on my IPad last night and it wouldn't let me comment! Glad Blogger is more cooperative this morning (on my laptop). Anyway -- I love the blocks and the way you sent them. The black sashing makes the rainbows pop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...