Monday, September 12, 2022

Snail's Trail Quilt Top

My Snail's Trail blocks have been in the works for many years, and as of yesterday, they are finally assembled into a finished quilt top!

Snail's Trail
31" x 31"

This project began way back in 2001 when I purchased multiple packets of foundation papers for the Snail's Trail blocks. I can't remember why I thought it was a good idea to make a quilt with such small blocks (3.5".) I don't think I would make that same choice now!


The dark blue background fabric is a Hoffman International print, and it has always been a favorite of mine. I had used it along with the same yellow and orange color palette in an earlier quilt, my Blazing Hidden Nine-Patch.

Blazing Hidden Nine-Patch
46" x 58"

The Snail's Trail blocks were worked on very sporadically over the past 20 years, until I finally decided to finish them off this year. The most difficult part was joining the blocks together and getting the seams to line up well, but I am generally happy with how it worked out. Here's a closer look so you can see the fabrics better.


This quilt top will go into the closet with the rest of the unquilted tops, but I hope it doesn't take another 20+ years before it gets quilted!

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

2 comments:

  1. I am blown away by the colors in your Snail Trail quilt - and even more so when I read your post and realized how tiny the blocks are. Wow! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning. Congratulations for the amazing finish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...