Monday, July 25, 2022

Stars on the Design Wall

I've been working away over the weekend on more parts for the Granny's Stars blocks. The corner units for all of the blocks have been pieced, and I was able to finish two more blocks yesterday.



That brings my number of finished blocks up to four. The blocks are large, finishing at 16", so the quilt only requires a total of twelve blocks. I'm a third of the way done making blocks!


The next thing I need to do before I can assemble any more blocks is to piece some more of the fussy cut centers. That is a slow and tedious process, especially cutting the pieces. Despite that, I like the way they are looking, which will encourage me to keep going.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

3 comments:

  1. Fussy cutting the centers is definitely worth the effort. Got out my box and discovered I have all the blocks kitted but not cut. So no excuses now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you fussy cut those centers. And the colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the center blocks! It's a great block and nice that it finishes at 16", but the centers really make the block!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...