Saturday, April 2, 2022

A Rainbow of Hearts

It was so nice to find out in advance that pink is our April color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but before I could get to that, I had some yellow and gold blocks to finish up. I stitched the last two yellow appliqued hearts, bringing my total for the month to eight.


As I was getting ready to put them away with the blocks from previous months, I decided to put all of the colors up on the design wall together. The blocks will all be getting framed like the two red and one green block in the photo have already been done. I believe that pink and purple are the only colors I still need to add to this collection.


To continue the hearts theme, I pulled out a stack of pink 2.5" squares and pieced my Scrappy Heart block for April.


I couldn't resist getting a photo of all of these blocks together too.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. I'm also linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts to share my hand applique project.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

21 comments:

  1. I kind of like the occasional frame in the hearts, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both kinds of heart blocks are going to make beautiful quilts! Love the patchwork hearts with the Tula Pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a great start! Both will be wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection of colorful scraps, Julie. LOVE both sets of heart blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wall of hearts! so pretty and more scraps to surround them is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m in love with the pieced hearts. Thanks for sending me the link for the pattern…not that I have made any yet…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hearts are lovely, as always! I think 2022 is Year of the Heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart projects are always a favorite! Plus, using your scraps for the RSC is a perfect way to show off each color!
    It's going to be lovely when all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both varieties of heart blocks are lovely. You always do such a great job of your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your heart blocks look great. Good that you can see the end in sight for the collection of appliqué hearts. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your heart blocks look great. Good that you can see the end in sight for the collection of appliqué hearts. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, your quilt with rainbow-filled hearts with borders of pretty strips of fabric skipping around each heart is going to be lovely. Those scrappy heart blocks àre lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you purposefully display those hearts with the colors following on a diagonal? Is that how you plan to stitch up the final quilt? I like all those pretty fabrics. The scrappy hearts are great also. You have quite a variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE your heart blocks, both kinds! Beautiful work, bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a cheerful heart quilt! Who wouldn't love to sleep under that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hear quilt will be a joyous riot of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, all the colors together. What a cheerful time with fabrics in your stitching life.

    ReplyDelete

  18. All your beautiful hearts are so cheery! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is something about a heart quilt that I just can not resist. Your blocks are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...