Last week was one of those times when I had multiple quilting projects that I'd planned to work on, but I got totally distracted by something unplanned. Squirrel! I was digging through a box of leftover pieces and parts from previous quilt projects, and I came across a bag of scraps and partial strip sets from one of my all-time favorite quilts.
I started at the center of the quilt, but decided to add an extra orange fabric to punch up the color. I tried two different options, shown above, and decided to go with the second choice because it blended in better with the other fabrics. I'm continuing to make more nine-patch blocks, working my way out from that center. It looks like I should be able to make a largish baby quilt from the fabrics I've got here, and I hope to have it all together by the end of the week.