It has been several weeks since I worked on the Stashbuster Square Dance blocks that I have been making all year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I finished making blocks in October. The next step is deciding on my layout, then joining the blocks together. My blocks measure only 4" finished, and there are over 300 of them to use. I'm planning to set them 15 x 20 for a quilt that finishes at 60" x 80".
I tried out several possible layouts in EQ7, and decided to go with an asymmetrical zigzag setting. I've started joining the blocks together into pairs, as you can see on the left side of the photo. I think I might start putting all the blocks for 1/4 of the quilt up on the wall together to play with the colors, then get those stitched up before I move on to the next quarter of the quilt. There are more blocks with blues and purples still to be added to the mix.
Julie in GA