Saturday, January 11, 2020

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 2, 2020

This week I'm trying out a new idea for those Square Dance blocks (aka Double Four-Patch) that I showed last week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Part of my problem with them was that they needed more light/dark contrast between the two sides of the block. I also decided to switch out the white/cream chain of squares for solid black.



I can see that I need to be careful choosing my darker greens. If they get too dark, they will  blend together with the black squares. I have many more pieces cut and a whole plan worked out for the entire year with these blocks. They are so easy to make, I think they might be the perfect leader and ender project for the year. Thanks to the RSC participants for the encouragement to keep moving forward with this block design.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. your green blocks look really good the contrast is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely undulating Square dance blocks--"do-si-do-ing" ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, your blocks are always eye-catching. The dark chain is another great variation, as is the color contrast between the two sides. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how these are coming out! I'm planning to do some as well and I think yours have convinced me to pull the dark greens out to play this month too! Love the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with a wonderful way to use those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, this is looking very nice! Good monochromatic idea. Liz in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat block, neat arrangement! This will be a terrific quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so organized with your RSC blocks! An entire year planned, some cut and ready?! It'll make it so much easier though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always come up with the BEST block layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These blocks are gorgeous and thank you for adding the double 9-patch name. It was an AHA! moment for me. Never saw it that way and was truly wondering how in the world you were making these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great modification to your blocks! I always am inspired.

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same problem with green and black in the Wild and Goosey blocks, the darker greens do blend (same thing with darker blues). You've got a great start on these. I like the switch to the black in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photo caught my eye as I was linking up on Cynthia's blog, so looks like your vision is achieved because your blocks are very attractive! I really like the switch you made from your other block with light squares.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...