Monday, January 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday--Frolic

Like mystery quilters all over the world, I was very excited to see Bonnie Hunter's reveal for her 2019 mystery quilt "Frolic." I love the way Bonnie's quilt turned out! I have gotten far behind on making the many little parts for this mystery, even though I was only shooting for making half as many as Bonnie instructed. I did have enough to put together one block and see how my version looks.


I like my colors, although I'm a little concerned that the yellow will stand out too much. I will make a few more blocks before any decisions are made on possible design or fabric changes.

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. Check them out for lots of great inspiration.

Happy quilting everyone!


Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. I like the yellow in it. I saved Bonnie's quilt for a later time I am just too busy to make it right now - I like the looks of it that I have seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors! One can't go wrong with turquoise and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your colors are even prettier than Bonnie's colors. I love these blocks, but haven't decided yet how I feel about the sashing or border. But since I've just saved this mystery for later, I have lots of opportunity to enjoy seeing the variations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no, the yellow is just right!! Your block is gorgeous. The fabrics are gorgeous!!! The variety of background prints you have is amazing. I am drooling …..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful - I don't think the yellow is too much either. I think this is one of Bonnie's prettiest mystery quilt and yours is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second Frolic block I've seen today and I'm most struck with how different they both look. It's amazing how a block changes with different fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is beautiful. The yellow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the block looks great and the pop of yellow is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Frolic block is great - the yellow isn't too much at all. Please leave it. You have chosen wisely with your colors, which is always a guess with a mystery. Thanks for linking to Design Wall Mondays, I am enjoying seeing all the Frolic blocks, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your version of Frolic turned out beautifully! I think the yellow will work out fine, but it has to work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...