Friday, January 3, 2020

Alycia's QAL

My last finish from 2019 is this quilt top that I made as part of Alycia's 2019 Winter Quilt-Along. The top was finished on Christmas Eve, but I wasn't able to get outdoor photos of it until New Year's Day.

As in the past, Alycia's quilt-along was easy, even for the busy time around the holidays. The whole quilt is made up of half-square triangles, plus a few squares of background. I used a single background, but went scrappy with my reds and blues. All of the blue fabrics are batiks.

60.5" x 72.5"

This closer shot will give you a better look at the center pinwheel and some of the fabrics. My favorite thing about this quilt is the way it shows off my great background fabric. That print wouldn't have worked nearly as well in a quilt made from small pieces, but the 6" HSTs showed it off beautifully! 

This quilt will make a great contribution to Quilts of Valor. Many thanks to Alycia for another fun mystery quilt-along! It sure feels good to have a new quilt to share on the first Friday of the new year.




I'm  linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I love your RSC tops and this QOV top! I also admired at your list of tops waiting to be quilted. My pile is somewhat shorter than yours. The issues holding me back from finishing them up is TIME and DESIGN PARALYSIS. I love to piece, and since I have to be in a certain mindset to do the quilting, I tend to focus on piecing during the small bits of time I have available. And as for design paralysis, I tend to want to design a custom motif instead of keeping it simple. Is that what holds you up, too? Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! I really like that background fabric too - it makes the colors just pop and shine!! COngrats on a great finish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out GREAT!!! I didn't manage to get mine started. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt. I got side tracked and overwhelmed at the holidays but you have jump started me again. Now I need to finish soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the varied reds and blues! And that is GREAT background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your version turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Julie! It will be prized by the soldier who receives it. I am slow and always finish after everyone else, but in defense, I did have two children waiting on quilts, and one is still waiting! =) I'm about halfway done, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...