Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blues for January Week 2--1/11/14

There hasn't been much progress on most of my quilting projects this week because machine stitching time has been in short supply. We have been putting in long hours at work and even have to go in today (Saturday.)

However, I have managed to move ahead on my blue hexies. I got them all basted last Monday night during the BCS Championship Game, a real nail-biter won in the last minute or so by my husband's beloved Florida State Seminoles. Yeah, Noles!! I've started joining the hexies together into columns for a star and will have plenty left for a couple of snowflakes.





Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts every Saturday to see how others are using up their scraps. So many beautiful projects! I am also linking up to the Hexie Weekend at A Quilting Reader's Garden and to the In Hand EPP Party at splish splash stash. EPP inspiration all over the place! On Sunday I will link up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.


Julie in GA

25 comments:

  1. Glad you found a few minutes to stitch. Working on Saturday doesn't sound like much fun at all. Your hexes are coming along well though, every little bit adds up in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your patience, hexes are a lot of hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the blues you've used in this one. Hope the high work load dies down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hexies and love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blue fabrics and your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect time to work on hexies. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too find Hexi's the perfect TV watching project. Looking forward to watching yours grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be such a beautiful quilt! Love how your hexies are coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I wish I had that much variation in my scraps to make something so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. game time is good handwork time! glad you got a good start on your blues and that the team won, too. win-win! looking forward to seeing these put together soon. =)

    thanks for linking up to In Hand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful hexies - the perfect project to wind down with while watching tv.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful hexies in different blues. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful blues, seeing yours inspires me to make a couple blue flowers for my hexie project today! My project for tonight while watching Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty in all the various shades and this morning I started thinking about what to do to join this scrap party too ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sew some nice little blue hexies. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hexies are still gorgeous. I hate it when the job gets in the way of hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hexies are a slow stitching day for sure

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you are at least able to hand stitch during the week. Hope things slow down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to see you are continuing with this great project... love the blues!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...