Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The End of the 15 Minute Challenge 12/31/13

A couple weeks ago, Kate wrote about "quilter's guilt." I can relate to all the areas she mentioned--feeling guilty about the money I spend on fabric and supplies, the time I spend quilting instead of with family, time spent quilting rather than doing housework, the number of UFOs I have. However, my quilting brings me such joy and satisfaction that I can't imagine not doing it. Fortunately, my husband is very understanding and encourages me to spend time quilting.

Finding time to quilt over the holidays has been difficult, but I have made an effort to squeeze in at least a little time every day. I made sure to pre-cut lots of hexies before I flew to Wisconsin to spend Christmas Eve with family. 

12/17 - 12/23
Tuesday--Color Palette Hexies, PJ pants (gift)
Wednesday--Color Palette Hexies, PJ pants (gift)
Thursday--Color Palette Hexies, PJ pants (gift)
Friday--Scrap Hexies, PJ pants (gift)
Saturday--Scrap Hexies
Sunday--Color Palette Hexies                                 
Monday--Color Palette Hexies 

12/24 - 12/31

Tuesday--Scrap Hexies
Wednesday--Scrap Hexies, Dancing Stars
Thursday--Scrap Hexies, Dancing Stars
Friday--Scrap Hexies
Saturday--Rainbow LeMoyne
Sunday--Rainbow LeMoyne
Monday--Scrap Hexies, Scrappy Sampler
Tuesday--Scrappy Sampler, Scrap Hexies


Check out the 15 Minute Challenge posts at Life in Pieces to see how others are finding time for their creative pursuits. Kate is not going to continue the 15 Minute Challenge link-ups next year, but she has inspired me to make time for quilting every day. 


Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. You have done a lot better than me for the challenge over the holiday season. I'm hoping that 2014 gives me more creative time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a strong finish for 2013. Thanks for being part of the challenge. It was so inspiring to see your success each week with finding that time to stitch and see all your beautiful projects. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...