Saturday, November 1, 2014

November quilting goals & October results

Most of the time, my monthly goal setting really helps keep me on track with my quilting projects, but that was not the case in October. I just couldn't seem to work up much enthusiasm for a couple of these projects, leaving them totally untouched. Maybe November will be better!

OCTOBER GOALS
1. My October goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to finish the binding on another quilt. This time it is my Dancing Stars quilt, which was my 2013 project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Nothing done.


     
2.  Rainbow Scrap Challenge--make 6-8 LeMoyne Stars in October's color.  Made nine 6" stars and two 12" stars in blacks, greys and browns.





3.  Scrap Hexies--make hexie star & snowflakes. I have been adding background hexies to the stars and snowflakes that were made last year.




4.  Make 10-20 Autumn Leaves blocks to make this UFO bigger. Nothing done.



5.  Make at least 30 blocks as part of the 350 Blocks Project  Made 67 blocks
6.  Spend at least 15 minutes each day quilting--cutting, sewing, designing, etc. Done 30 out of 31 days (every day except my birthday!)

NOVEMBER GOALS
1. My November goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to quilt and bind the "Surrounded  by Love" baby quilt. We will be seeing our niece and her husband (the parents-to-be) at Thanksgiving, and I would love to give them the quilt in person. Baby girl is due in January.


A Lovely Year of Finishes
     
2.  Rainbow Scrap Challenge--make 6-8 LeMoyne Stars in November's color.  
3.  Scrap Hexies--continue adding background to hexie stars & snowflakes.
4.  Tell It to the Stars--make November's blocks for the pieced border
5.  Make at least 30 blocks as part of the 350 Blocks Project
6.  Spend at least 15 minutes each day quilting--cutting, sewing, designing, etc.


There you have it, my quilting plans and goals for November and my results from October. Watch for the next update at the end of November.

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Love the little heart quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects, Julie--I do really like the gray bkgrnds on the hexies. You have set yourself some high goals for November (I couldn't get motivated in Oct either--must have been in the air??) Have a good weekend--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing Stars turned out so nicely, it still one of my favorites that you've made. You did well on finding stitching time in October, hopefully you can get more done in November, though with all you do, I don't see how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when we have so many goals, not much gets done on any of them! Loving that adorable heart quilt!! I'm with you, I love to see their faces when I give someone a quilt!!! I have absolute faith that you will get this quilt finished and delivered at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...