Monday, November 3, 2014

Design Wall Monday 11/3/14

I was looking forward to showing a batch of border blocks for Judy L's Tell It to the Stars mystery quilt, but my design wall is completely empty. I thought I had figured out a clever way to piece the blocks that would eliminate some of the seams, but it isn't working out very well. I spent a good part of the weekend starting to make the blocks, but they are not coming out the right size.

The block at the top left was taken apart and re-trimmed, finally getting it to be the correct size. The other two blocks still need to be fixed, as well as the other half dozen or so that are partially together. At the right you can see the way I cut the pieces for this block. Silly me, to think I could improve on Judy's pattern!

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA


  1. OMGosh, you sure do the most challenging things! Brave, courageous or just expertly skilled!

  2. The y seams would have scared me from the start! Your top block looks amazing, it was worth the effort.

  3. Love the colors you are using! Your blocks will be gorgeous. They do look challenging!

  4. It was worth a try. Hope you've gotten most of the repairs all done.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...