Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014--Mid-year update

As part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014, Angela has suggested we submit a post showing our mid-year status. I am very excited to see everyone's progress up to this point.

I started making my hexie stars and snowflakes for the RSC last August as a way to fill some time while riding the train to work each day. That is why I already have some colors finished that haven't been chosen yet this year like black, brown, and red, our assigned color for July. Since red is already done, I am going to spend July catching up on a few colors that need a second snowflake, plus I might begin working on the background (if I can make a decision on how to put them all together.) The first photo shows most of the colors together on the wall, and the second photo has the yellow additions from June.




My other rainbow project for 2014 is Rainbow LeMoyne Stars. I made four blocks on the black background way back in 2001. They finish at 6". I love the way they look together and have no idea why they got set aside for so long. 


For the RSC, I am making 8 blocks each month, half on light background and half on dark. I have also been making one 12" block most months. I have several ideas on how these will get joined together eventually. These photos show just a few of my finished blocks.






Check out the all of the mid-year Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts--lots of beautiful rainbow projects to enjoy!


Julie in GA

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Those hexies are a lot of work, but they look beautiful. And the stars are really sparkling. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your stars. They are just brilliant. Your hexies look like colored snowflakes, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stars; they sparkle so. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on both projects! I like the way you have the snowflakes arranged. Enjoy the process of putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would suggest either low volume or solid white for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your RSC year is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress. Doesn't it make you feel like you've accomplished something when you see everything laid out together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your snowflakes and stars together. Those stars are amazing - love the light and dark backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lemoyne stars. What a great quilt it'll be. Adore all your hexagons. I really should start doing some of these again. Used to love hand sewing them, so relaxing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those snowflakes look beautiful, will you hand stitch or applique them onto a background? Or are you hexi-ing a pathway round them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a treat to see your hexies and snowflakes all together - they look wonderful! The stars are looking great, too - they really sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blocks. LOVE your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that you chose to make half the blocks on a light back ground and half on a dark. It really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your projects look gorgeous. You've done a good job of keeping up with both projects this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...