Monday, January 27, 2014

Design Wall Monday 1/27/14--Finished Top!

Instead of a design wall, today I have a "design bed" to show my finished Scrappy Sampler quilt top! I completed the top last night too late to get any outdoor photos, and it is too big to hang on my wall.


Autumn Scrappy Sampler
80" x 100"
This quilt was started just over a year ago as a block-of-the-month project at one of my favorite local quilt shops, Intown Quilters in Decatur, GA. Many of the other BOM participants were making their quilt from a kit of the same fabrics as the sample quilt, which were very bright batiks. Below is a shot of the BOM sample. As you can see, mine went in a very different direction as far as color palette.




I am so thrilled to have this quilt top together and can't wait to get it quilted! Finishing this top also means I achieved my January goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. That's a good way to get the year started. Now to figure out what project to work on next. I'm sure there must be a project or two (or twenty!) that I could pull out.


I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. Check it out for tons of amazing ideas and inspiration. I am also linking in to BOMs Away Monday at What a Hoot.


Julie in GA

17 comments:

  1. I've loved this quilt from the moment I first saw it....LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color palette and your quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I made this quilt years ago... or one very similar to it!! It was a fun quilt to make. Yours is just beautiful. It has been fun to watch your progress on this and now it is complete! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your quilt/colors. congratulations on the finish. should you get tired of it I would be glad to house it for you. know know, let your quilt out to see the world a little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! So glad to see it again because I had forgotten whose quilt had the bowtie border which I wanted to put in my "idea" file.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt. It will be a family treasure. Be sure to attach a label
    Jane in KS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors and rich and Happy. that is a very interesting outside border for a quilt. I need to think Open spaces and not so tight. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brava, Julie! This is a terrific finish (that's a BIG quilt~)! I really, really love your colors. So perfect for fall and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these quilts. I, myself, have left a lot of money at Intown Quilters! Made one of their kits for a Christmas present! I just love samplers. I don't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is so wonderful. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really beautiful! Fantastic Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I like your earth-tone version, it looks much more coordinated than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Batiks! Your fabric way is simply stunning. Looks like it was a fun BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt and it looks so different in the Autumn colour palette xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!! How great that you got that put together in a year. ((And I never use the color palette they tell you to!))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the finish! It's beautiful. I'm usually a big fan of brights, but I think your palette works much better with the pattern. I

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...